Enjoy unlimited income potential and build wealth
for a lifetime as an independent Financial Advisor.
When you make the transition from Employee-Advisor to independent Financial Advisor, you’ll enjoy particular financial benefits, including the opportunity to not only collect fees for planning and advisory services, but also to earn higher commissions on product sales and to participate financially in the performance of the company.
Following are key benefits and requirements of the Independent Financial Advisor model.
Independent Financial Advisor
May transition to independent Financial Advisor status during first 24 months upon completion
of all required licensing and training, and with District Advisor and divisional Director of Advisor Operations approval
- Earn fees for financial planning and advisory services
- Earn full commissions, at the independent contractor rate, on sales of investment and insurance products
- May earn commissions on accounts established by clients with First Command Bank
- May earn commissions on fees for tax preparation through First Command Tax Services
- Assume office expenses
- Eligible to participate in benefits programs available to Home Office employees
- Earn additional compensation for your production and contribution to company revenues through First Command’s Mission Accomplishment Program (MAP). A portion of MAP compensation may be paid to you annually as a current award, while another portion is deferred until you have participated 10 years in the program. At 10 years, you may accept the deferred compensation and assume the tax liability on it, or roll it into a tax-advantaged retirement account.